Sunday, September 21, 2008

Things are Not as Far Away

19 Sep 2008

We're in Oxford now. This is our 11th visit to our flat, North Light. Before, it has seemed like a mild effort to walk uptown, and it took at least a week to get used to four stories of steps up to the flat (especially when carrying luggage or groceries!) But for some reason, even though I'm seven years older than I was when I first visited here, things don't seem so far away. The center of town is just a stroll and although I still wish our flat was one story lower, I can make it up 56 steps with only one pause. By the end of the week, I'll be able to make it all the way without stopping.

Am I in better shape physically or is it less of an effort psychologically since it's now familiar?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home